Hundreds of organisations have created their own ISO27001 success story, including brands such as the London Pensions Fund Authority, Eagle, Hornbill Technologies and Wirefast. And what do they all have in common? They were all supported and guided through their implementation process by IT Governance, the leading information security specialists in ISO27001.
ISO27001 top tips
IT Governance has devised 5 top tips for you in creating your own ISO27001 success story:
- Get a copy of the standard! There are a few people out there that purchase the standard half way through implementation (or even not at all) but the truth of the matter is, this is one of the first things you should do. It will help confirm suspicions and will be the core backbone as to what you do from now on.
- Get management buy in. This is critical for supporting your ISO27001 project and making it a success
- Read, read, read! There’s a wealth of free information out there on the web to help you get stuck in to your ISO27001 project. From green papers to Linkedin groups, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
- Use all the available tools and resources out there. This will make implementation a lot easier, saving you lots of head scratching, late nights and hours spent staring out the window! Documentation toolkits really help simplify the process and can also lessen the time it takes you to reach certification
- Communication is at the heart of the ISO27001 process. It allows you to keep your Board and the rest of your organisation updated with regular progress reports and key measurements to indicate the success of the project so far.
Create your ISO27001 success story
As well as selling ISO27001 books and standards to help you on your way, IT Governance has a highly-regarded and comprehensive range of training and consultancy options for any added support and guidance you may need. To find out more information about this, view our ISO27001 training and consultancy pages. Alternatively, contact one of our team members on 0845 070 1750 who will be happy to help work out your requirements.