The EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) places greater obligations on how organisations handle personal data – including schools.
Whatever their size or setting, schools and trusts are expected to demonstrate compliance with the Regulation and put in place measures to protect the data under their care.
The GDPR introduced several key changes for schools, and ensuring compliance is a complex task.
To help, we have revised our bestselling EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide to include specific requirements and expectations for schools.
EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide, Schools’ edition is an essential resource for anyone in the schools sector looking for a clear and concise overview of the key changes that need to be made to ensure GDPR compliance.
The concise pocket guide contains:
- A brief history of data protection and national data protection laws in the EU, including the UK’s DPA (Data Protection Act);
- Simple explanations of the terms and definitions used in the GDPR;
- The key requirements of the GDPR;
- The need to appoint a DPO (data protection officer);
- The lawful basis of processing data and when consent is needed;
- How to comply with the Regulation; and
- A full index of the Regulation, enabling you to find relevant articles quickly and easily.