Latpro have researched into leadership management and have identified 6 types of bosses and their management styles. Read below to find which one you and/or your own manager are:
- The Control Freak: This person needs to have everything that is going on in the palm of her/his hand and likes to hoard information
- The Autocrat: This manager does not care about his employees, and nothing anyone ever does is good enough to satisfy him. He/she is impossible to get along with and is convinced that he is the only competent person working in the company.
- The Blame Fixer: This type of boss makes it his/her job to make everyone else responsible for fixing his/her problems. He/she takes no responsibility for his own employees, department, or results but is keen to take credit.
- The Soft Heart: This person is soft, warm and fuzzy on the outside, yet lacks in being open and honest with you; only telling you what you want to hear.
- The Politician: Charismatic, with something always positive to say. However, there is rarely any truth behind what he/she says.
- The Team Builder: Competent, open, can solicit ideas and creativity – a pleasure to work with.
In reality, all of our managers are some combination of the above types, so we need to adapt in how we work with them in order to be successful.
30 Key Questions that Unlock Management will show you how to deal with your boss effectively and improve the productivity of your team.
|30 Key Questions that Unlock Management
‘This is a book for real managers grappling with real managerial problems’
Robert Ruehl, Director, Pan-European Retail Multiple