Some of us love it, some of us hate it and some of us don’t have a clue what it is. Whatever your feelings are towards it, ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. It has helped organisations such as NASA, the UK National Health Service (NHS), HSBC bank and Disney™ streamline their IT services to improve customer satisfaction, increase ROI and take on a more transparent approach towards IT costs and assets.
If these weren’t enough reasons to love ITIL, we’ve come up with 5 more:
1) Global recognition: Whether you’re in Belgium or Brazil, every organisation will (or should) recognise ITIL and what it can do to their staff/business.
2) Linkedin: There are 500+ groups on Linkedin that are centred on or around ITIL. Not only is this a great way to network with like-minded service management professionals, but it’s also a dynamic community to join to ask for help, and share opinions and knowledge.
3) itSMF: Now where would we be without the IT Service Management Forum? itSMF is an independent and internationally recognised forum that is non-profit. It pulls strongly on IT service management practices, especially ITIL.
4) Saves money: Those who apply ITIL will notice savings, especially within the IT department. ITIL is designed to streamline IT services, making them much more cost-effective.
5) And finally, if it’s good enough for Disney, then surely that’s a good enough reason for us to love it?