Information Security and how you go about implementing a good ISMS (Information Security Management System) within your business is crucial to any organisation. However, implementing a secure ISMS can be a daunting prospect, so turning to the Internet can be a great source for providing comprehensive information. Below we’ve listed 10 of the top websites to turn to in regards to information security:
1. Information Security Forum: This is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that supplies authoritative opinion and guidance on all aspects of information security. It provides a wealth of information for members and non-members on the best tools and methodologies, research and knowledge exchange on information security.
2. Search Security: Provides immediate access to breaking industry news, virus alerts, cyber threats and attacks,compliance, webcasts, white papers, podcasts, and all at no cost. Membership is free which gains you access to their website and magazine (Information Security magazine)
3. Infosec: This website is dedicated to the only European event that gathers industry professionals together to talk and learn about the latest trends and issues concerning information security
4. ENISA: ENISA stands for the European Network and Information Security Agency which responds to the cyber security issues within the European Union. Set up by the EU, it is a great place to go for information, best practices and knowledge in the field of information security. ENISA’s main aim is in “helping the European Commission, the Member States and the business community to address, respond and especially to prevent Network and Information Security problems”.
5. IT Governance EU: A shameless plug we know, but IT Governance EU provides a range of information, white papers and other comprehensive resources on Information Security. We cater for a large audience with a variety of books and toolkits to help you create a secure ISMS for your business and comply to the information security standard: ISO 27001.
If you would like to contribute any other appropriate websites which are good resources for Information Security, then please submit the website below.