A recent survey carried out by Symantec (a company which produces the Norton Anti Virus Software) revealed some really disturbing findings earlier this year. The report found that global cybercrime costs $114 billion annually. Combined with the additional $274 billion of financial losses and time lost due to cybercrime activities, the cumulative cost reaches an unbelievable $388 billion. This is $100 billion more than the global black market of marijuana, cocaine and heroin combined ($288 billion)!
Revealed: Below are the six shocking facts about cybercrime:
- Two in three online adults (69%) have been a victim of cybercrime.
- Every second, 14 adults become a victim of cybercrime, which results in 1.2million people being affected every day.
- There has been a 42% increase in mobile vulnerabilities in 2010 compared to 2009
- Men aged between 18-31 who access their mobile phone are more likely to become victims of cybercrime
- There has been a 19% increase in the number of malware cases found
- 61% of people don’t use complex passwords or change them regularly
Don’t fall victim to cybercrime – protect your data with these essential ITG books!
|Cyber Risks for Business Professionals: A Management Guide (eBook)
by Rupert KendrickOur Price:
Read this essential book to:
- Understand and manage the technological risks
- Familiarise yourself with the legal issues
- Control employee use of Web 2.0 technologies
- Use technology to address the risks
Explore more of our fantastic books on cyber- and information security for less than Rs. 495!
We’ve got news for you!!! Our website has a new face – Visit us today for much improved shopping experience >>>
Thanks to Market Watch.