Since its launch in 2014, more than 2,000 Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications have been issued. This achievement confirms companies’ alignment with the UK Cyber Security Strategy vision of “making the UK one of the most secure places in the world to do business online”.
While the scheme is mandatory for UK Government contracts that involve handling sensitive information, companies of any size and location in the UK are welcomed to join the scheme, achieve basic cyber security measures and earn formal cyber security acknowledgement.
Raising concern for Scotland-based SMEs
Following the publication of a report by KPMG and Cyber Streetwise, which reported that 1 in 10 Scottish small businesses is not concerned nor prepared for a cyber breach, concerns rose. Aside from being unconcerned and unprepared, 19% of them admitted not to have taken any action to avoid cyber attacks.
Apply for a £1,500 voucher to improve cyber security
To boost Scottish companies’ compliance with the scheme and improve their cyber security, the Digital Scotland Business Excellence Partnership has developed a voucher scheme to help Scottish SMEs achieve Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus certification. There are 200 vouchers available, and each is worth up to £1,500 to be paid out once certification is achieved.
To apply to the voucher scheme, companies must be:
- based in Scotland
- VAT registered
- an SME
- clients of Business Gateway, Scottish Enterprise, or Highlands and Island Enterprise (HIE). Alternatively, organisations can contact Business Gateway.
- demonstrate having the financial means to cover the cost (as the voucher is paid out at the end of the process)
Achieve Cyber Essentials certification with expert help
IT Governance, a CREST-accredited certification body, has developed three packaged solutions to help companies achieve Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification. The best option for companies new to the world of frameworks, standards and certification is the Cyber Essentials – Get A Lot Of Help packaged solution.
This certification package includes:
- A full-day on-site consultancy service to help you adequately prepare for certification;
- Cyber Essentials Documentation Toolkit, which includes all the necessary procedures and processes to ensure you properly implement the required security controls;
- The certification service.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to secure your company, get started with Cyber Essentials certification today >>