A few weeks ago, my colleague Desi blogged about why penetration testing was necessary and what IT managers needed to know about it.
In Desi’s article, she spoke to our resident technical services guru, Geraint Williams – PCI QSA, CREST-registered tester, CISSP, CEH, CHFI (he’s probably acquired more qualifications by the time I finish this post) – who gave a really in-depth explanation why penetration testing is one of the most effective ways of testing the security of your networks and systems.
It’s now accepted in the infosec community that it’s advisable for any business with a digital presence to conduct quarterly penetration testing to ensure you are protected from the latest cyber security threats, fix any weaknesses in your systems, and to ensure the security controls you have in place are functioning effectively.
But why should you choose IT Governance as your preferred penetration tester, I hear you ask?
Well, here’s 15 reasons – yes, 15!
15 reasons to choose IT Governance as your penetration testing provider
- We uniquely offer a combination of fixed price and bespoke penetration testing solutions, enabling you to choose the right option easily.
- Our clients benefit from the vast knowledge and deep experience of our penetration testing team.
- We are a CREST member company, which means that clients can rest assured that the work meets rigorous standards delivered by a qualified and knowledgeable team.
- Our clients participate in a detailed consultation session prior to any testing to identify the depth and breadth of the tests required.
- Our penetration tests combine a range of advanced manual tests by expert in-house penetration testers with a number of automated vulnerability scans.
- We apply multiple tools and techniques closely aligned with the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTM) and OWASP in our penetration tests.
- The technical advice and solutions we provide are vendor-neutral, meaning we work with our clients’ available resources wherever possible.
- We provide comprehensive information security advice derived from our extensive expertise with ISO 27001 and the PCI DSS implementations (we are a PCI QSA company).
- We can assist our clients with the development of appropriate policies and procedures, training of staff, business case development, or the implementation of an information security management system (ISMS).
- Clients receive immediate notification about any critical vulnerabilities identified to help them take action quickly.
- When a remedial activity has been completed, we recommend that the original testing is repeated to ensure that the system is now fully secure.
- We provide a comprehensive technical report identifying potential vulnerabilities and recommended remedial activities for each vulnerability identified.
- An executive summary explains the identified potential vulnerabilities to present the risks and issues in clear, non-technical terms.
- All of our solutions are designed to offer smaller organisations a cost-effective method of testing their network’s security.
- We can offer repeat penetration testing packages, or combined penetration testing and PCI DSS compliance packages at a significant discount.
Our penetration testing packages
Our CREST-accredited testing services can be deployed by any organisation looking for better protection.
Contact us today on 0845 070 1750 to discuss your requirements.