Build awareness about information security risks and meet the requirements of ISO 27001
Using IT Governance’s substantial experience in consulting and training, this course is set out to meet the requirements of ISO27001:2013, which specifies that it is imperative to address security issues at the employee level.
- Non-technical language that is easy to understand by all users;
- Provides systematic, consistent and repeatable training organisation-wide;
- Interactive, engaging content improves learner attention and retention;
- User-friendly format – customisable to your own LMS and brand;
- Provides fundamental knowledge of information security and ISO27001:2013, reducing the organisation’s liability due to security failures;
- Comprehensive reporting provides systematic evidence that training has actually been provided;
- Online certificates are available to print out upon passing the course.
This course is targeted at all employees who need to be made aware of the organisation’s ISO27001:2013 commitments. It includes anyone processing information, using information technology in their daily job, or using the Internet as a means of conducting business.
An introduction to information security
- The definition of information security in ten seconds;
- A description of seven real-life scenarios illustrating the importance of information security.
What is ISO 27001?
- What are the benefits of maintaining ISO 27001 compliance?
- What is an ISMS and what makes a good ISMS?
- What different risk profiles mean for your organisation;
- A brief explanation of important ISO 27001 controls;
- What does ISO 27001 require an organisation to do?
Information security at work
- Physical security: secure perimeter, tailgating, clear desk and screen policy;
- Digital security: access control, limiting/ managing user access and rights, user accountability, preventing unauthorised access, portable devices and passwords;
- Information protection: information classification and intellectual property;
- Dealing with security incidents and business continuity.
Important documentation you should be aware of
- The important types of policies and procedures you should be aware of.
Take a sneak peek at this course now
- Duration: 40 minutes.
- 20-question (randomised) multiple-choice test.
- Learners have the opportunity to re-take the test until the pass mark is achieved.
- An online certificate of achievement is issued to all staff who pass the test.
Make the most of this course – customise it for your own purposes
- You can customise this course – read more here or email us for an online demonstration and a price estimate.
- The course can be hosted externally (from our online learning environment) or internally (from your own LMS) – read more here or email us.
- Multi-user licences are available. Email us for an online demo and a price estimate.
Reduce your risk of a breach due to employee errors and comply with the requirements of ISO27001
Join leading companies offering our staff awareness training courses
Hundreds of customers have already benefited from IT Governance’s e-learning solutions. See a small sample of them here.
IT Governance Publishing
Published: 09 Mar 2016
Availability: Always Available