Understand information security risks and meet the requirements of ISO27001 with this Information Security Staff Awareness Course
Using IT Governance’s substantial experience in consulting and training, this course is set out to meet the requirements of ISO27001:2013, which specifies that it is imperative to address security issues at the employee level.
- Non-technical: uses a common language approach.
- It provides systematic, consistent and repeatable training across multiple learners.
- Simple to use with relevant and informative content.
- Enables basic, yet fundamental training on information security and ISO27001:2013, thereby reducing the organisation’s liability due to security failures.
- Through comprehensive reports it provides systematic evidence that training has actually been provided.
- Can be deployed for existing employees and as part of an induction process for new hires.
This course is targeted at all employees in an organisation that need to be made aware of the organisation’s ISO27001:2013 commitments. It includes anyone processing information, using information technology in their daily job or using the Internet as a means of conducting business. The course content is not technical and it is not meant for system administrators.
- What is information security and what does it have to do with you?
- Where does your organisation fit in?
- Could this happen to you? (Scenarios and follow up questions)
- ISO27001:2013: what is an ISMS, who can adopt it, why you need it, ISO27001 take-up, objectives of an ISO27001-certified ISMS, how do you create an ISMS, risk assessment, calculating risk, risk thresholds, areas to consider
- Information security at home
- Information security at work
- Potential weaknesses: passwords, phishing, Web 2.0, USB sticks, sat nav, secure perimeters, tailgating, clear desk and screen
- Information classification
- Intellectual property
- Security incidents
- Business continuity
- Important documentation, with links to key policies and procedures
- Information Security & ISO27001 Staff Awareness - online test and certificate
- Duration: 40 minutes.
- 20-question multiple-choice test.
- Learners have the opportunity to re-take the test until the pass mark is achieved.
- An online Certificate of Achievement is issued to all staff who pass the test.
Adaptable information security staff awareness training:
Reduce your cyber risk exposure and comply with the requirements of ISO27001 with Information Security & ISO27001 Staff Awareness E-Learning.
Join leading companies with staff awareness training
Hundreds of customers have already benefited from IT Governance’s e-learning solutions. See a small sample of them here.
IT Governance Publishing
Published: 09 Jul 2010
Availability: Always Available