Fully updated expert information security management and governance guidance based on the international standard for information security management, ISO 27001.
As global threats to information security increase in frequency and severity, and organisations of all sizes, types and sectors face increased exposure to fast-evolving cyber threats, there has never been a greater need for robust information security management systems.
Now in its sixth edition, the bestselling IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 provides best-practice guidance for technical and non-technical managers looking to enhance their information security management systems and protect themselves against information security threats.
This new edition of IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 has been fully updated to take account of current cyber security trends and advanced persistent threats, and reflects the latest regulatory and technological developments, including the 2013 updates to ISO 27001 and ISO 27002.
Including coverage of key international markets, such as the UK, North America, the EU and the Asia-Pacific region, IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 is the definitive guide to implementing an effective information security management system (ISMS), as set out in the international standard ISO 27001.
It covers all aspects of data protection/information security, including viruses, hackers, online fraud, privacy regulations, computer misuse and investigatory powers.
Changes introduced in this edition include:
- Full updates in line with the 2013 revisions to the ISO 27001 standard and ISO 27002 code of practice.
- Full coverage of changes to data protection regulations in different jurisdictions and advice on compliance.
- Guidance on the new continual improvement model that replaces the plan-do-check-act cycle that was mandated in the 2005 iteration of ISO 27001.
- New developments in cyber risk and mitigation practices.
- The latest technological developments that affect IT governance and security.
- Guidance on the new information security risk assessment process.
IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 is the recommended textbook for the Open University’s postgraduate information security course and the recommended text for all IBITGQ ISO 27001 courses.
Alan Calder and Steve WatkinsPublishers:
Published: 03 Sep 2015
Format: Adobe eBook
Published: 03 Sep 2015