This IT Governance Live Online training course includes unique, real-time, interactive instruction from an expert ISO 27001 practitioner, and features structured content, practice exercises and the IBITGQ CIS LI exam.
“The key benefit [of this course] was the savings in cost for travel. The second was being able to fully participate in the classroom setting without having to travel. The live audio and video components provide a near in-person experience. IT Governance was viewed as a lead player in this space. Previous experience with IT Governance has always been positive.”
Tom Verhoog, Senior Information Security Manager
- The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Live Online Training Course is delivered as a live, interactive session to enable professionals from anywhere in the world to gain the knowledge required to plan, implement and maintain an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
- Led by ISO 27001 expert Alan Calder and based on our highly successful UK classroom-based ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Training Course, this is the most comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Implementer course available in just three days.
- Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, this unique three-day training program is delivered in a Live Online format to enable professionals anywhere in the world to develop the skills required to achieve ISO 27001 compliance for their organisation , while reducing costs and avoiding common pitfalls.
- Securing senior management commitment, and building the business case to sell the project.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS based on the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Developing a management framework.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- The definition of risk in ISO 27001 and the revised options for risk assessments under the Standard.
- The benefits of a risk assessment tool, and key issues when selecting one.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A.
- The importance of an effective communication strategy.
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Important information to ensure that you pass the audit first time.
IBITGQ ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination
Delegates sit the IBITGQ ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination on the last day of this course.
As well as gaining essential practical skills, successful candidates will attain an industry-recognised qualification to enhance their careers.
All IT Governance courses are guaranteed to run.
Check course availability >>
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer, or as part of an implementation team.
This course also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP CPE programmes.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. We will, however, assume that delegates have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained either through reading the ISO 27001:2013 standard or by attending the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation Training Course.
IT Governance Live Online courses are easy to book. Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public sector organisations , and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
Online access requirements
Please note that this course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session at fixed times and on fixed dates throughout the year.
Click here to view the online access requirements.
Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable internet connection at their home or office. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed and that you can correctly log onto our WebEx training centre before the course.
On the last day of the course, you will be invited to take the CIS LI examination. You will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 or newer (i.e. IE 10 or 11) or Mozilla Firefox version 16, 17 or 18.
- Internet access for the full time of the exam.
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker.
- A working webcam in the machine you are sitting your exam from.
- A Skype account.