Online training to become an ISMS Lead Implementer
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online is a unique 3-day live online training course designed to provide comprehensive and practical coverage of all aspects of implementing and maintaining the requirements for the ISO27001 Information Security Management standard.
Based on our highly successful UK class-room training course, this online interactive session is delivered in real-time by Alan Calder who together with Steve Watkins is the joint author of the definitive textbook, IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 (5th Edition).
The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online training course delivers a comprehensive education in ISO27001 implementation and a recognised industry -standard certification awarded by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
Read what previous delegates have said about our training courses.
Live ISO27001 Lead Implementer Training - online
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer is now available in a unique ‘live online delivery’ format that allows any delegate anywhere in the world to develop the skills to deliver ISO27001 compliance to their organisation AND acquire an industry recognised qualification.
Alan Calder will present and lead this course using an effective combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies to help you plan, implement and accelerate any ISO27001 project. Practical advice and training to help you save time, reduce costs and avoid first time mistakes.
Book your live online interactive training session now
Course start times:
Prepare for the ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) Examination
This course prepares delegates for an examination which is taken online on the last day of a three-day training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBTGQ). Study and pass the IBITGQ CIS LI examination from the comfort of your own office.
Delegates on this course are entitled to 21 Credits for professional CPE/CPD programmes including CISSP, CISA and CISM
Who is this course suitable for?
This online training course is ideal for anyone involved in or responsible for implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that conforms with ISO27001:
- Business Managers
- Information Security Managers
- Compliance Managers
- IT Managers
- Quality Managers
- Project Managers
- Risk Managers
- BS7799 Lead Auditors
- IT and other staff, including HR, legal and business users.
During the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer – Online course you will learn:
- The importance of securing senior management commitment
- The role and structure of an information security policy
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS
- How to structure and manage your ISO27001 project
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities with your ISO27001 implementation
- How to identify information assets and information asset ownership
- How to carry out the information security risk assessment ( core competence)
- How to identify threats, vulnerabilities and impacts
- The benefits of and key issues in selecting a risk assessment tool
- The importance of an effective communication strategy
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation
- The importance of staff and general awareness training
- The key elements of management review
- How to manage and drive continual improvement
- How to prepare for your ISO27001 certification audit
- Key issues in ensuring that you pass the audit first time!
Are there entry requirements?
While there are no formal entry requirements, this is a Lead Implementer course, and it assumes that delegates have a basic knowledge of ISO27001, the Information Security Management Standard. This should be gained through practical experience, reading or through attendance at our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation classroom course.
Please note that this course is delivered as a live online session at fixed times on fixed dates throughout the year. Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable internet connection to their home or office.
Delegates booking on the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online training course will receive the following:
- Confirmation of the time/date of their online training session
- Course documentation/workbook (downloadable electronic copy)
- IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002 textbook (downloadable electronic copy)
How to book?
There are three ways to book your course, either online, via fax, or telephone:
- To book via telephone just call us on 0845 070 1750, and we'll take care of the details.
- To book via fax download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
- To book online simply enter the number of delegates you wish to send into the "Quantity" and select the course date from the drop down menu and click "Order now".
We can also accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers, follow this link to our payment options page for more information.