About our ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer online course:
Based on our highly successful class-room training course, this unique 3-day training program is delivered in a live online format to enable professionals anywhere in the world to develop the skills required to achieve ISO27001 compliance for their organisation. It uses an effective combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies in order to build the knowledge required to save time, reduce costs and avoid common pitfalls.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO27001, either as a Lead Implementer, or as part of an implementation team.
An effective combination of formal training and practical exercises, using business examples and case studies will accelerate your ISO27001 project and will save you work, cut time requirements and eliminate 'first time' trial and error.
Click to expand full contents »
- Building the business case for securing senior management commitment, and how to sell the project effectively.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS based on the new requirements of ISO27001:2013.
- Developing a management framework.
- How to structure and manage your ISO27001:2013 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO27001:2013 implementation.
- The definition of ‘risk’ under ISO27001:2013.
- The revised options for risk assessments under the new Standard.
- The benefits of, and key issues in selecting a risk assessment tool.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment (the core competence of information security management).
- The Statement of Applicability (SoA) and the justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A.
- The importance of an effective communication strategy.
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO27001:2013.
- How to prepare for your ISO27001:2013 certification audit.
- Key issues for ensuring that you pass the audit first time!
There are no formal entry requirements. However, it is assumed that you will have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained through practical experience, reading the ISO27001:2013 standard or by attending the ISO27001 Foundation course.
This course includes an exam on final day of the programme. Successful candidates will gain the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification awarded by IBITGQ.
This course also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP CPE programme.
Online Access Requirements
Please note that this course is delivered as a WebEx live online session at fixed times, on fixed dates throughout the year. Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable internet connection at their home or office. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed and that you can correctly logon to our WebEx Training Centre prior to the course.
On the last day of the course, you will be invited to take the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) exam. To enable you to sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 or newer (ie IE 10 or 11) or Mozilla Firefox version 16, 17 or 18.
- Internet access for the full time of the exam.
- To de-activate the pop-up blocker.
- A working webcam in the machine you are sitting your exam from.
- A Skype account.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Or download our booking form
Call us on +44 (0) 845 070 1750.
Complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.