ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online
The most comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Implementer online course available.
Save time and travel costs with training delivered to any location with Internet access.
Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing from their industry-leading implementation guide, IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and IS027001/ISO27002, this three-day interactive Live Online course covers all the key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS).
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will help you to develop the skills required to achieve ISO 27001 compliance for your organisation while reducing costs and avoiding common pitfalls. It also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included online exam are awarded the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification by IBITGQ.
“The key benefit [of this course] was the savings in cost for travel. The second was being able to fully participate in the classroom setting without having to travel. The live audio and video components provide a near in-person experience. IT Governance was viewed as a lead player in this space. Previous experience with IT Governance has always been positive.”
Tom Verhoog, Senior Information Security Manager
What will you learn?
- Securing senior management commitment and building the business case to sell the project.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS based on the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Developing a management framework.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- The definition of risk in ISO 27001 and the revised options for risk assessments under the Standard.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management .
- The Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of an effective communication strategy.
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Important information to ensure that you pass the audit first time.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination
This course is part of our unique ISO 27001 learning pathway.
Delegates sit the online ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute multiple-choice exam accredited by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a Lead Implementer or as part of an implementation team.
This course also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits, and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP CPE programmes.
There are no formal entry requirements, but it is assumed that you will have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained through practical experience, reading the ISO 27001:2013 standard, or by attending the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation Online course.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Group booking discounts now available
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Online access requirements
Please note that this course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session at fixed times and on fixed dates throughout the year.
Click here to view the online access requirements for this course.
Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed, and that you can correctly log onto our WebEx training centre before the course.
On the last day of the course, you will be invited to take the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) exam. To enable you to sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later)
- Internet access for the full time of the exam.
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker.
- A working webcam on the machine you are sitting your exam from.
- A Skype account.
You may also be interested in: