Save time and travel costs with ISO 27001 training delivered to any location with Internet access.
Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing on their industry-leading implementation guide,
IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and IS027001/ISO27002, this three-day interactive Live Online course covers all nine of the key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS).
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Take you through the nine steps to ISO 27001 Success.
- Help you to develop the skills required to achieve ISO 27001 compliance for your organisation.
- Help you maximise project value and avoiding common pitfalls.
This course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited, ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification by IBITGQ.
“The course was one of a kind and no book can replace Alan’s experience, teaching and insight. He’s a true expert on the subject and transformed my understanding of ISO 27001 into a comprehensible, useful and applicable tool and framework. I was afraid it would be a boring course, but not one dull moment with Alan. Time flew and I had many AHA moments.”
Andre De Coninck - Van Doorne N.V.
What will you learn?
- Securing senior management commitment and building the business case.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS based on the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Developing a management framework.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- The definition of risk in ISO 27001 and options for risk assessments under the Standard.
- More >>
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management .
- The Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of an effective communication strategy.
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Important information to ensure that you pass the audit first time.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination
Delegates sit the online ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) is acknowledged by the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SCC) as an approved qualification meeting the requirements of application for an individual to become a
PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
This course is part of our unique
ISO 27001 Learning Pathway which also includes the ISO27001 Certified
Lead Auditor and
Internal Auditor courses. It also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP Continued Professional Education Programme.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a Lead Implementer or as part of an implementation team.
This course also meets the requirements of PCI SSC for additional QSA qualifications and, in the UK, is covered by the MOD ELCAS scheme.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, it is assumed that you will have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained through practical experience, reading the ISO 27001:2013 standard, or by attending the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation Online course.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue if you require. Simply drop us an email after you book. Our superb training support team will find the solution most suitable for your needs.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file.)
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Guaranteed to run. We never cancel a course.
How to book
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours. We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public-sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our
payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Online access requirements
Please note that this course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session at fixed times and on fixed dates throughout the year.
Click here to view the online access requirements for this course >>
Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed, and that you can correctly log onto our WebEx training centre before the course.
On the last day of the course, you will be invited to take the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) exam. To enable you to sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later)
- Internet access for the full time of the exam.
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker.
- A working webcam on the machine you are sitting your exam from.
- A Skype account.
You may also be interested in:
See our current offer page for sale price terms and conditions.