The most comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Implementer classroom course available in the UK today.
Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing on their industry-leading implementation guide,
IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and IS027001/ISO27002, this three-day course covers all nine of the key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS).
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Take you through the nine steps to ISO 27001 success.
- Help you to develop the skills required to achieve ISO 27001 compliance for your organisation.
- Help you maximise project value and avoid common pitfalls.
This course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification by IBITGQ.
“An excellent course. A perfect balance between 'teaching' and active group participation. Course content was both comprehensive and easy to digest, such that I have already been able to put the learning immediately into practice within my (SME) organisation."
Georgina Smith – Appleton Consultants
What will you learn?
- Securing senior management commitment and building the business case.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS based on the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Developing a management framework.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- The definition of risk in ISO 27001 and options for risk assessments under the Standard.
- More >>
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of an effective communication strategy.
- Writing policies and producing other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Important information to ensure that you pass the audit first time.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination
Delegates sit the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by IBITGQ . There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification is acknowledged by the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SCC) as an approved qualification meeting the requirements of application for an individual to become a
PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
This course is part of our unique
ISO 27001 Learning Pathway, which also includes the ISO27001 Certified
Lead Auditor and
Internal Auditor courses. It also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP Continued Professional Education Programme.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a Lead Implementer or as part of an implementation team.
This course also meets the requirements of PCI SSC for additional QSA qualifications and, in the UK, is covered by the MOD ELCAS scheme.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, it is assumed that you will have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained through practical experience, reading the
ISO 27001:2013 standard, or by attending the
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation course.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue if you require – simply drop us an email after you book. Our superb training support team will find the solution most suitable for your needs.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) examination.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Guaranteed to run: we never cancel a course.
How to book
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours. We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public-sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our
payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our
terms and conditions.
You may also be interested in:
See our current offers page for sale price terms and conditions.