Learn how to plan and execute an ISO 27001 information security management system (ISMS) audit
Our tutors are all experienced ISO 27001 consultants. Using their extensive professional experience of the Standard, and a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, they will outline the theory and practice of an effective ISO 27001 audit, preparing you for the included IBITGQ Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) examination in four-and-a-half days.
- Understand best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011.
- Prepare, lead and report on the findings of an information security audit.
- Detailed information about auditing the ISMS against ISO 27001.
- Interview techniques, following audit trails and reviewing documented evidence.
- Audit risk assessments, business continuity and effective continual improvement.
- Identifying nonconformities and ensuring appropriate corrective action is undertaken.
- Practise new skills and develop knowledge by participating in roleplay exercises, workshops and reviewing case studies.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, we assume that delegates will have gained a good knowledge of ISO 27001 through practical experience, either by reading, or by attending our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation or ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer training courses.
We also recommend that delegates have copies of the most recent versions of both ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 during the course.
Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) examination
This course prepares delegates for an examination, which is taken online on the last day of a four-and-a-half day training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) qualification, issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
The course also fits well with the CISSP, CISA and CISM Continued Professional Education (CPE) programmes, and is worth 31 CPE credits.
Attend this course and acquire the skills to conduct ISMS lead audits.
Book now >>