Learn how to plan and execute an audit of an ISO27001 ISMS
About our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor Training Course
With the growth and global acceptance of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 as the default standard for information security management, there has been an increased demand for qualified ISO27001 lead auditors. Gaining the knowledge and qualifications required to conduct an ISO27001 audit is essential for the successful career development of all ISO27001 lead auditors. A practical working knowledge of the lead audit process is also a crucial requirement for the manager responsible for implementing and maintaining ISO27001 compliance within an organisation.
Delivered by experienced ISO27001 consultants and using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, our four-and-a-half-day course effectively outlines the theory and practice of an effective ISO27001 audit. This course is also delivered online.
Who should attend the course?
Individuals who wish to develop their career as a qualified ISO27001 lead auditor. Managers who are responsible for implementation and maintenance of ISO27001 in their organisation.
Course contents include:
- Understand the best practice in audit methodology based on ISO19011.
- Prepare, lead and report on the findings of an information security audit.
- Detailed knowledge of how to audit against ISO27001 and the related ISMS.
- Interview techniques, following audit trails and reviewing documenting evidence.
- Audit risk assessments, business continuity, and effective continual improvement.
- Identifying non-conformances and ensuring appropriate corrective action is undertaken.
- Practise new skills and knowledge by participating in role-play exercises, workshops and reviewing case studies.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, we assume that delegates will have gained a good knowledge of ISO 27001 through practical experience, either by reading, or by attending our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation or ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer training courses.
We also recommend that delegates have copies of the most recent versions of both ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 during the course.
Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) examination
This course prepares delegates for an examination, which is taken online on the last day of a four-and-a-half day training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) qualification, issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
The course also fits well with the CISSP, CISA and CISM Continued Professional Education (CPE) programmes, and is worth 31 CPE credits.
Attend this course and acquire the skills to conduct ISMS lead audits.