ISO 27001 Foundation Training in London
Develop your understanding of ISO 27001 and information security
This course will prepare you to take the first steps towards delivering an ISO 27001 compliant information security management system (ISMS) in your organisation.
Developed by leading ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, this course explores the requirements and benefits of ISO 27001 certification and outlines the key elements of an ISMS and system documentation.
You will also build an understanding of how to start planning for ISO 27001 compliance and the essential steps involved in ISO 27001 risk assessments.
By successfully completing the inclusive examination, you will be awarded the Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification.
Who should attend this course?
Those interested in, or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project.
No prior knowledge is required and the content is suitable for non-technical staff.
What will you learn?
- Standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of the ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO27001 risk assessment;.
- An overview of the ISO27001 Annex A controls.
This course uses a mixture of presentations and short group work sessions and is based on the books ISO27001/ISO27002 A Pocket Guide and An Introduction to Information Security and ISO27001 by Calder and Watkins, both of which are included in the training package.
Exam included: achieve the CIS F qualification
This course is part of our unique ISO 27001 learning pathway and includes a 60-minute multiple choice examination that leads to the industry-recognised Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification, accredited by IBITGQ. This course also qualifies for 7 CPD/CPE credits.
Preparing for ISO27001:2013
This training course is based on the requirements as specified by the ISO27001:2005 standard. In September 2013, ISO27001:2005 was replaced by the ISO 27001:2013 standard and we have upgraded this course to include a unique ‘ISO27001:2013 knowledge update’.
While there is a new version of the standard, there is as yet currently no accredited certification scheme available anywhere in the world. In the UK, we estimate that the earliest any UKAS accredited Certification Body will have such a scheme available would be March-April 2014.
The existing ISO27001:2005 certification schemes are still currently the only available way of obtaining the ISO27001 standard.
We advise all organisations who wish to become certificated in the next 6 to 12 months to focus on satisfying the requirements of the ISO27001:2005 standard and to train their staff appropriately. We also advise organisations that they must understand the requirements of ISO27001: 2013 for the future. For a more detailed understanding and update of the implementation and audit processes, we can recommend that you subsequently attend our ISO27001 2013 Certified ISMS Transition training course.
For further information, please review ISO 27001 2013 Training – A New Approach.
Exam included: achieve the CIS F qualification
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- Free copies of ISO27001/ISO27002 A Pocket Guide and An Introduction to Information Security and ISO27001 (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- The CIS F examination
- Certificate of attendance
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
Why choose us for ISO 27001 training?
- Experience – train with the world’s first provider of certificated ISO27001 education
- Practical approach – our trainers are ISO 27001 consultants, who bring a wealth of practical knowledge to the classroom
- On-going support and development – this course is part the ISO 27001 Learning pathway
- Certificated learning – gain the industry-recognised CIS F certification as you learn
- One-stop-shop – our wider range of ISO 27001 books, toolkits and other resources will help you to develop your ISO27001 knowledge
"Very helpful and relevant. Concise and not padded with unnecessary information."
Helen Croston, Flight Centre.
"Excellent course to understand the fundamental aspects to ISO27001."
Steve Green, CRI.
Start your ISO 27001 journey equipped with the knowledge to succeed; book your ISO 27001 Foundation training with us.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Or download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
This course can also be delivered in-house.
You may also be interested in:
Don’t miss out on:
Our free green paper Information Security and ISO 27001 – An Introduction
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.