Find out how ISO/IEC 27001:2013 can help your organisation mitigate the risks associated with cyber attacks.
Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing on their industry-leading implementation guide,
IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and IS027001/ISO27002, this one-day classroom course explains the benefits of the IEC/ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management standard and provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve its best practice and compliance.
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Identify the risks associated with cyber crime for an individual and an organisation
- Help you understand the benefits of ISO 27001 best practice and certification
- Explain the elements of implementation including risk assessment and Annex A controls
This course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited, ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification by IBITGQ.
“I was delighted to find that ISO 27001 will provide me with a solution to managing information security in my company. An excellent course delivered by leaders in their field.”
Keith Peterson, Texttel (UK) Ltd
What will you learn?
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of the ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination
Delegates sit the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination at the end of the course – a 60-minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by
IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
This course is part of our unique
ISO 27001 Learning Pathway which also includes the ISO27001 Certified
Lead Auditor and
Internal Auditor courses. It also qualifies for 7 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP Continued Professional Education Programme.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management. We recommend that you purchase and read the following textbooks prior to attending the course:
This course is eligible for funding under the MOD ELCAS scheme and is suitable for serving members of the MOD or service leavers who wish to develop a career in information security management.
No prior knowledge or qualifications are required and the course content is suitable for non-technical and technical staff.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue if you require. Simply drop us an email after you book. Our superb training support team will find the solution most suitable for your needs.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file.)
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Guaranteed to run. We never cancel a course.
How to book
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours. We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public-sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our
payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions
See our current offer page for sale price terms and conditions.
You may also be interested in:
Don’t miss out on:
Our free green paper, Information Security and ISO 27001 – An Introduction.