This qualification covers the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC 20000: IT Service Management.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course will provide:
- Service owners, process owners and other service management staff with an awareness of and familiarity with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Individuals with the necessary knowledge to assess the relevance and importance of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard to the service management activities within their own organisation
- Managers and team leaders with a knowledge of a typical ISO/IEC 20000 IT service management system
- Internal auditors, process owners, process reviewers and assessors with a good knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, its contents and justification of the need for internal reviews, assessments and audits
- Evidence that delegates have achieved a foundation level of knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
What does this course cover
During the course, you will learn:
- Describe the scope, aims and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 Specification and Code of Practice through an understanding of the roles of the component parts of the standard
- Explain their understanding of the integrated approach to maintaining IT service management systems and processes that conform with ISO/IEC 20000 certification
- Describe the scoping and eligibility requirements and options to achieve certification
- Understand and describe the requirements of the IT service management system and the Plan, Do, Check Act cycle
- Understand and describe the objectives and requirements of each section of the ISO/IEC 20000 -1 Specification
- Recognise and describe the need to (Plan and implement IT service management processes; Report on the IT services and major metrics of the IT Service Management processes; Schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits; Plan and prepare for an ISO/IEC 20000 audit; Plan for continual service improvement)
- Explain how assessments, reviews and internal audits of IT Service Management systems against the requirements of the standard are used
Understanding ISO/IEC 20000 scope, purpose and use
- “Shall” and “Should” statements
- Principles of a service management system
- ISO/IEC 20000 relationships with ITIL and other standards and approaches
Understanding ISO/IEC 20000 management system requirements
- Objectives of the management system
- Responsibilities of management
- Document requirements
- Staff competence, awareness and training
Understanding ISO/IEC 20000 service management process requirements
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service Delivery processes
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control and Release processes
Adopting the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle to improve service
- Planning, Implementing and Improving IT service management to meet the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Applicability, scoping requirement and Scope Statements
- Plan-do-check-act methodology and its application to service management
Review, assessment and audit of ISO/IEC 20000 activities
- Types of reviews, assessments and audits required by the standard
- Techniques and approaches that can be used for them
- What is involved with an external audit
- A printed copy of the PDF document ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 will be supplied to all delegates at the beginning of the course.
- The ISEB ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate . The exam will be scheduled to run at 15:00 on Day 3 and all exam costs will be included within the course fee. Successful completion of the exam gives the candidate ISEB ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certification.
Are there entry requirements?
The qualification is aimed at staff in internal and external service provider organisations who require knowledge and understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content
NOTE: This is a Foundation level qualification and does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization.
Please be aware, this course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification
Our package includes lunch and refreshments (remove if necessary), and full course materials, as described above.
Although the course is non-residential, we offer help finding appropriate hotels, close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
How to book?
There are three ways to book your course, either online, via fax, or telephone:
- To book via telephone just call us on 0845 070 1750, and we’ll take care of the details.
- To book via fax download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
- To book online simply enter the number of delegates you wish to send into the “Quantity” and select the course date from the drop down menu and click “Order now”.
We can also accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers, follow this link to our payment options page for more information.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Read what others have said about our training courses