ISO 20000 Auditor Certificate Course
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). The standard defines an integrated set of management processes required to develop an effective IT Service Management System (SMS) that meets wider business needs.
Audit plays a key role in the implementation and maintenance of an effective SMS. Regular audits against ISO 20000 help organisations to achieve compliance and a competitive edge by:
- Promoting continual improvement in IT service management
- Increasing confidence in IT services amongst internal and external customers
- Ensuring an on-going focus on ITSM processes to ensure they meet changing business needs
- Providing assessment of processes and activities against an international Standard
- Identifying areas for improvement, based on best practice
This course is suitable for both internal and external auditor roles and will equip you with the knowledge required to perform audits against the
ISO 20000 Standard. The inclusive exam leads to the ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor Certificate qualification, accredited by APMG.
What does the ISO 20000 Auditor course cover?
This two-day ISO 20000 auditor training course covers the following areas:
- The ISO 20000 Standard
- The principles of IT Service Management
- The requirements of an effective ISO 20000 audit
Attending the course will enable you to:
- Develop your knowledge of the structure, requirements and content of ISO 20000
- Understand the process of Certification
- Link ISO 20000 with other ITSM best practice frameworks, particularly ITIL®
- Explore the key principles, terminology and processes of ITSM
- Analyse, explain and assess ITSM methods in relation to the requirements of ISO 20000
- Review commonly used ITSM tools and evaluate key evidence required for Certification
- Understand the requirements of pre-audits, formal certification and surveillance audits using the APMG Certification scheme
The APMG-accredited ISO 20000 Auditor Certificate
The course will prepare you for a multiple choice exam, taken on day two of the training programme. On successful completion of this exam you will be awarded the
APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor Certificate qualification.
Who should attend the ISO 20000 Auditor training course
This is an advanced level course, which builds on existing audit experience. It is ideal for:
- Independent auditors requiring further knowledge of ITSM and ISO 20000 audit
- Internal auditors in organisations implementing or maintaining ISO 20000 certification
This course is part of our APMG-accredited ISO 20000 training pathway which includes:
Are there entry requirements?
Delegates are required to have a minimum of three years’ experience in conducting audits within an IT environment. This may include experience in ISO 9000, ISO 14001 or ISO 27001 audits.
- Lunch and light refreshments
- Full course documentation and materials
- Certificate of attendance
- APMG exam fee and exam
Although the course is non-residential, we can offer help finding appropriate hotels, close to the training venue. We also offer assistance for
overseas delegates. For accommodation advice, please drop us an email after you book your course.
This course is also available to be delivered in-house, call or
email us for further details.
How to book
Take your next career step in IT service management audit today, by booking your training with us.
- Book online by completing the form at the top of this page
- Call us for further information and booking on: +44 (0) 845 070 1750
- Fax a completed
booking form to +44 (0) 1353 662667
We can also accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers, visit to our payment options page for details.
Don’t miss out on... our free
Green Papers on IT Service Management