Create a Single Framework to Ensure IT Delivers on All Business Objectives
Effective IT governance is acknowledged as the key to strategic IT management in all successful organisations. But with so many related standards and frameworks such as ISO27001, COBIT® and ITIL® to choose from, how can managers govern effectively without spending excessive time and cost on rigid management processes?
Created by Alan Calder, the Implementing IT Governance training course is a three-day classroom session that delivers foundation training to raise awareness, build knowledge and develop a complete understanding of IT governance. Its focus is practically-orientated with the aim of providing comprehensive strategies and methodologies to enable immediate implementation. This course is also delivered online.
What you will learn
By attending the Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Understand and define IT governance and its best practice
- Achieve the alignment of IT and business plans
- Navigate and integrate all the currently available IT governance frameworks
- Identify and manage IT risk across the enterprise
- Implement an IT governance framework and measure the results
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals whose role requires them to have a broad understanding of IT Governance and a familiarity with the wide range of frameworks and standards which can be deployed in an integrated, business-focused IT Governance framework.
The course combines a high level of academic content plus practical guidance on implementation. It also provides opportunities to link growing understanding of IT governance best practice to each delegate’s corporate environment or circumstances.
Click to expand full contents »
- Definitions of, and drivers for, IT Governance; accountability Frameworks, including the role of the Board, Executive and RACI Charts.
- The Role of Frameworks and the Calder-Moir meta-model.
- Internal Control and its part in IT Governance.
- Internal Culture and its relevance to IT Governance.
- Detailed review of all the core frameworks – ISO38500, COBIT, ITIL and Best Practice Standards.
- IT Governance Implementation Project Plan.
- How to Integrate IT Governance Frameworks and Standards.
- Risk and Control in IT Governance.
- Information Management (and Data Governance).
- IS Governance, the ISO27001 ISMS and Business Resilience.
- Creating an IT Strategy and the IT Strategy Template.
- Enterprise Architecture.
- Project Governance.
- Internal Resource Optimisation.
- External Resource Optimisation.
- Value Delivery.
- Performance Management.
An awareness of ISO38500, COBIT, ITIL, Risk or Project Management Frameworks and Standards would be useful but is not essential.
All delegates are able to take the IBITGQ Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles (CITGP) exam on the last day of the course. This course also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Or download our booking form
Call us on +44 (0) 845 070 1750.
Complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
You may be interested in…