Certified IT Governance Training in London
This three-day course is a comprehensive introduction to the business-critical subject of the Corporate Governance of IT. Included in the course is the IBITGQ Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles (CITGP) qualification, which is awarded to those who pass an exam on the final day of the course.
This is the course you need if you - or your management team - are looking for succinct, pragmatic answers to these questions:
- What is IT Governance?
- How do we really achieve IT – Business Alignment?
- How do we navigate, draw on and integrate the most useful aspects of all the currently available governance frameworks?
- How do we identify and manage IT risk across the enterprise?
- What does best practice for the Corporate Governance of IT look like today?
- How does one implement an IT Governance Framework?
- How does an IT Governance Framework help us optimise IT delivery, value and performance?
Our package includes lunch and refreshments, and full course materials, including a copy of IT Governance: Implementing Frameworks and Standards for the Corporate Governance of IT.
Training for all IT Governance Professionals
The course is designed for individuals whose role requires them to have a broad understanding of IT Governance, a familiarity with the wide range of frameworks and standards which can be deployed in an integrated, business-focused IT Governance framework.
Typical delegates include: Board directors; IT executives (CIOs, CISOs CTOs); IT managers; IT auditors; business, risk, project and compliance managers; IT service managers, governance professionals and IT consultants.
An awareness of ISO38500, COBIT, ITIL, Risk or Project Management Frameworks and Standards would be useful but is not essential.
Learn from an industry expert
This course was created and is led by Alan Calder, CEO of IT Governance Ltd. The course reflects his years of involvement with the corporate governance of IT. The course combines a high level of academic content and rigour, plus practical guidance on implementation, liberally lit up with real life examples of effective and ineffective approaches to IT governance.
Comprehensive IT Governance Training
The training course is interactive and provides practical opportunities to link growing understanding of IT governance best practice to your own corporate environment or circumstances.
Click to expand full contents »
The course is carefully structured so that it positions IT governance in its wider context. From here it progresses through the essential framework building blocks to review all the core frameworks and the practical steps for integrating aspects that are most appropriate in each individual corporate situation. The course includes an outline IT Governance Framework Implementation Road Map.
Here is an overview of the 18 information-packed sessions included:
- Definitions of, and drivers for, IT Governance; accountability Frameworks, including the role of the Board, Executive – and RACI Charts;
- The Role of Frameworks and the Calder-Moir meta-model;
- Internal Control and its part in IT Governance;
- Internal Culture and its relevance to IT Governance;
- Detailed review of all the core frameworks – ISO38500, COBIT, ITIL and Best Practice Standards;
- IT Governance Implementation Project Plan;
- How to Integrate IT Governance Frameworks and Standards;
- Risk and Control in IT Governance;
- Information Management (and Data Governance);
- IS Governance, the ISO27001 ISMS and Business Resilience;
- Creating an IT Strategy and the IT Strategy Template;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Project Governance;
- Internal Resource Optimisation;
- External Resource Optimisation;
- Value Delivery;
- Performance Management.
Take the Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles Exam
All delegates are able to take the IBITGQ Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles (CITGP) exam on the last day of the course.
Please note that the exam board does not allow non-English speakers any additional time.
Ministry of Defence Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELCAS)
IT Governance Ltd is an Approved Learning Provider for the MOD ELCAS scheme. We are uniquely positioned to provide currently serving and planned service leaver personnel in the MOD with the knowledge and the proficiency to effectively implement IT governance, information security and business continuity management systems. This course fully qualifies for ELCAS funding and awards a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3 or above on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (England and Wales).
If you are a serving member of the MOD, please see IT Governance and MOD ELAS Scheme for further information.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Or download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
This course is can also be delivered in-house.
You may be interested in …
Don’t miss out on …
Our free green paper The Calder-Moir IT Governance Framework Overview
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.