*Purchase the format compatible with your Microsoft Office program - Office 2010 format will NOT work with earlier versions of Microsoft Office.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998)
The Data Protection Act (DPA) sets out eight principles for securely managing personal information. The DPA does not offer any detailed specification as to comply with these principles, making it difficult for organisations to clearly identify what they have to do to satisfy themselves and others that their management systems are compliant.
Comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998
This toolkit contains the document templates and tools that are essential for any UK organisation that is responsible for personal information seeking compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Using the tried and tested policies and templates in this toolkit, you can save hours of researching and writing the required documentation.
Complete DPA 1998 documentation
The Data Protection Compliance toolkit includes the following documents:
- Data Protection Policy
- Access Control Policy
- Fair Processing Notice
- Data classification procedure
- Data retention guidelines and data retention procedure
- Procedure for secure disposal of removable storage media
- Log for recording disposal of removable storage media
- Procedure for reporting information security weaknesses and events
- Log for recording reports of information security weaknesses and events
- Employee Acceptable Use Agreement (including acceptance of monitoring), plus user registration procedure and user access rights
- Laptop Acceptable Use Agreement
- Guidelines for laptop hard drive encryption
- Removable media (e.g. USB sticks, tapes) procedure
- Staff induction PowerPoint® presentation: 'My Role in Data Protection'
- Procedure for subject access requests and SAR form
- Compliance audit checklist
- Procedure for disclosing data to a third party
- ICO Code of Practice for CCTV data collection.
Interested in achieving certification with the BS10012 Data Protection standard? Check out this toolkit
Download the full DPA 1998 Compliance Toolkit contents list here.
This DPA Compliance Toolkit is designed to integrate with our ISO27001 ISMS Documentation Toolkit, and now includes guidance on how to upload your ITGP toolkit to your SharePoint document management system.
See a complete list of our management system documentation toolkits
There is a Demo Version of this toolkit available for immediate download.
To hear about new titles and exclusive offers from IT Governance Publishing, sign up and select 'Books' from the New Products options.
*Office 2010 format is not compatible with MACs.
There are no comments for this product.