Our PECR Cookies Audit Service quickly and cost-effectively identifies the cookies that your site downloads onto visiting computers and provides specific guidance as to the steps that you should consider in order to meet the compliance requirements of the new Cookies Law, the revised Privacy and Communications Regulations.
A cookies audit is your essential first step to demonstrating that compliance with the PECR cookies requirements. The ICO enforces compliance with the PECR and the maximum fine, after 26 May 2012, will be £500k.
Spend less than £1.5k per website to ensure that you are taking the necessary steps that evidence compliance with the regulations.
We use a combination of automated and manual analysis to reliably identify:
- All the cookies your site installs,
- How long they are set to survive;
- Whether they are first or third party cookies, and what they are really for;
- Whether or not any of them fall within the definition of a cookie that is ‘strictly necessary’ for the service requested by the website user;
- How intrusive the cookies are,
- How secure the cookies are (unsecure cookies can be used by attackers to intercept information), and
- What steps should be considered, for each cookie, to comply with the requirements of the PECR.
Our ITG Security Testing business – which has been testing client websites since January 2010 – will perform this service at a fixed price. This price includes the costs of any contact that may be necessary with your web developers or with third party cookie operators in order to provide you with the information you need to meet your Cookies Law compliance obligations.
Our findings are presented in a comprehensive table, so that you can see your compliance status at a glance. For each of the cookies, we provide sample explanations that could be used as part of how you inform your visitors of what the cookies do. We also provide an overall executive summary that describes the key steps that need to be considered in order to become compliant.
Format: Automated & manual analysis
There are no comments for this product.