COBIT 5 Foundation Training Course in London
This is the official, 2-day COBIT 5 Foundation Course using content with the permission of ISACA and includes the official COBIT 5 Foundation exam from APMG in the final hour of the course, leading to the foundation certificate. It's an interactive classroom-based training course based on the latest version, COBIT 5. The Foundation level training and certificate is also a pre-requisite for the following training and certificate courses:
- COBIT 5 Implementation training and certificate
- COBIT 5 Assessor training and certificate
The course carefully explains the elements of the COBIT 5 framework using a case study and interactive presentations. The course will help professionals build their knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able to understand the governance and management of enterprise IT; create awareness with their business executives and senior IT management and assess the current state of their enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Ideal training for senior IT managers and consultants
The course is aimed at Business management, Chief Executives and Managing Directors, IT/IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners, IT Consultants, IT/IS Management, and those looking to be certified as either a COBIT implementer or COBIT Assessor.
It will be particularly relevant to you if:
- It is your goal to make your IT department more aligned with business requirements.
- You are tasked with meeting regulatory and statutory requirements or government targets that demand IT services are properly evaluated, directed and monitored
- You have read that many businesses have adopted COBIT® as their approach to the governance and management of enterprise IT and you want to gain an understanding of COBIT®5 and its relationship with other best practices.
COBIT 5 Foundation learning objectives
This IT Governance COBIT 5 Foundation course is designed to prepare delegates for the accredited COBIT 5 Foundation certificate examination.
More importantly, this course will ensure that delegates know and understand:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5;
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5;
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture;
- The Governance and Management of Enterprise IT, and the IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises;
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5;
- How COBIT 5 processes, and Process Reference Model (PRM), help create the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers;
- How to create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management;
- How to assess the current state of Enterprise IT in their organisation;
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5, and of the new Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- Scope what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
This Foundation level training and certificate is also a pre-requisite for the following training and certificate courses:
- COBIT 5 Implementation Training & certificate
- COBIT 5 Assessor Training & certificate
COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
- The exam is taken during the afternoon of the last day of the course.
- Where a candidate is sitting the examination in a language other than their first language and the trainer believes the individual has insufficient language proficiency to complete the examination in the standard time, an extra 10 minutes exam time may be requested.
- An exam preparation module is included to prepare delegates for the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam held in the final 40 minutes of the course. This is a 50 question multiple-choice exam.
COBIT 5 Foundation Pre-requisites
There are no formal pre-requisites but it is recommended that delegates should have some understanding of IT Governance.
COBIT 5 training course leader
Dr Geoff Harmer has 30 years experience in the IT industry and has been awarded Chartered Engineer (CEng), Fellowship of the British Computer Society (FBCS), Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP) and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) status.
He has held:
- licensed-lecturer status with ISACA for COBIT and he has been regularly presenting official COBIT courses and running IT governance workshops since 2006;
- accredited-lecturer status with ISEB and APMG for ITIL and he has been regularly presenting accredited ITIL courses and running ITSM workshops since 2001;
- accredited-trainer status with APMG (formerly itSMF) for ISO 20000 and he has been regularly presenting accredited advanced ISO 20000 courses for consultants and auditors since 2006.
He is also an Associate Lecturer in Technology with the UK Open University, a post he has held since 1999.
Additional information about the COBIT 5 Foundation Training Course
- Although the course is non-residential, we offer help finding appropriate hotels, close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
- This course is also available to be delivered in-house, call or email us for further details.
- Delegates travelling from outside the UK, click here to find out the variety of ways we can help organise your trip.
- The COBIT course starts promptly at 9am each day.
- COBIT is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute (ITGI)
How to book the COBIT 5 Foundation
There are three ways to book your course, either online, via fax, or telephone:
- By telephone: call us on 0845 070 1750
- By fax: Send a completed booking form by fax to +44 (0) 1353 662667.
- Online: Use the form above.
We can also accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers, follow this link to our payment options page for more information.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Past delegate testimonials
"This was an excellent course. If I was describing this course to someone considering attending, I would call it a COBIT boot course even a mini MBA at times. Geoff added so much to the course material .....brought it alive".
Jonathan Sinfield, Head of IT, Marketform Group, UK
"Showed passion for the subject"
CIO, Port Authority, Australia
"Geoff Harmer has a very good presentation style and facilitates sessions very well"
Global Programs Manager, International aerospace company
"Great - most useful course I've been on in years"
Head of IT, major UK city's public housing management company
"Valuable and useful for my work as an executive in an IT services company"
CFO, IT services company, Australia
"Great instructor! Provided insights and memory aids"
Business leader, international credit card company, USA
"Balanced approach. Refreshed the learning giving opportunities for everyone to participate, setting right examples on each of the COBIT topics. Very good and I would like to recommend to colleagues in my organisation and outside my organisation".
Project manager, leading global computer manufacturer and IT services company, Singapore.