COBIT 5 Foundation Training Course in London
This official, two-day COBIT 5 Foundation Course uses content with the permission of ISACA and includes the COBIT 5 Foundation exam from APMG, which leads to the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate.
The course carefully explains the elements of the COBIT 5 framework using a case study and interactive presentations. It will help you build your understanding of COBIT 5 and the governance and management of enterprise IT (GEIT) to create awareness of GEIT at senior level and assess the current state of GEIT your organisation. It will also help you to start the process of scoping which aspects of COBIT 5 are appropriate to implement.
COBIT 5 training course leader
Dr Geoff Harmer has 30 years' experience in the IT industry and:
- has been awarded Chartered Engineer (CEng), Fellowship of the British Computer Society (FBCS), Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP), and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) status;
- has held licensed lecturer status with ISACA for COBIT, and has regularly presented official COBIT courses and IT governance workshops since 2006;
- has held accredited lecturer status with BCS (ISEB) and APMG for ITIL, and since 2001 has regularly presented ITIL courses and ITSM workshops;
- has held accredited trainer status with APMG (formerly itSMF) for ISO 20000, and since 2006 has regularly presented advanced ISO 20000 courses for consultants and auditors; and
- has also held the post of Associate Lecturer in Technology with the UK Open University since 1999.
Ideal IT governance training for senior IT managers and consultants
Who should attend this course
- Business Managers.
- Chief Executives.
- Managing Directors.
- IT/IS Auditors.
- Internal Auditors.
- Information Security and IT Practitioners.
- IT Consultants.
- IT/IS Management.
- Those looking to be certified as either a COBIT Implementer or Assessor
It will be particularly relevant if:
- it is your goal to align your IT department with business requirements;
- you are tasked with meeting regulatory and statutory requirements or government targets that demand IT services to be properly evaluated, directed and monitored;
- you want to gain an understanding of COBIT 5 and its relationship with other best practice guidelines.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, it is recommended that delegates have some understanding of IT governance.
What will you learn?
COBIT 5 Foundation learning objectives
This course will prepare you for the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate exam and will ensure that you gain an understanding of:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5.
- The business benefits of COBIT 5.
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
- The Governance and Management of Enterprise IT and the IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5.
- How COBIT 5 processes and Process Reference Model (PRM) help create the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
- How to create awareness with business executives and senior IT Management.
- How to assess the current state of Enterprise IT in your organisation.
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5 and of the new Process Assessment Model (PAM).
- How to scope what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
This Foundation level course is also a pre-requisite for the following training and certificate courses:
The COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
A 50-question, multiple choice exam is taken on the last day of the course. Delegates who do not speak English as their first language may be awarded an extra 10 minutes to complete the exam at the trainer's discretion.
What's included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- The COBIT 5 examination (APMG).
- Certificate of attendance.
- Although the course is non-residential, we can offer help finding appropriate hotels, close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
- This course is also available to be delivered in-house, call or email us for further details.
- Delegates travelling from outside the UK, click here to find out the variety of ways we can help organise your trip
- The course starts promptly at 9am each day
- COBIT is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute (ITGI)
"This was an excellent course. If I was describing this course to someone considering attending, I would call it a COBIT boot course even a mini MBA at times. Geoff added so much to the course material… brought it alive." Jonathan Sinfield, Head of IT, Marketform Group, UK.
"Geoff Harmer has a very good presentation style and facilitates sessions very well." Global Programs Manager, International aerospace company.
"Great - most useful course I've been on in years." Head of IT, major UK city's public housing management company.
"Valuable and useful for my work as an executive in an IT services company." CFO, IT services company, Australia.
"Great instructor! Provided insights and memory aids." Business leader, international credit card company, USA.
"Balanced approach. Refreshed the learning giving opportunities for everyone to participate, setting right examples on each of the COBIT topics. Very good and I would like to recommend to colleagues in my organisation and outside my organisation." Project manager, leading global computer manufacturer and IT services company, Singapore.
How to book?
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Or download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
This course can also be delivered in-house.
You may be interested in
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.