COBIT 5 Foundation (2 day) Training Course
Significantly increase the ROI on information technology in your organisation.
COBIT® 5 has become an internationally accepted best practice framework for IT governance and control. With a focus on managing processes, it has helped organisations bridge the gaps between control requirements, regulatory compliance and business risks. COBIT 5 is proven to significantly increase the return on investment of information technology.
Fully trained and qualified COBIT 5 professionals are required to deliver this value and are much in demand in larger companies throughout the world.
The two-day COBIT 5 Foundation classroom training course explains the key principles of COBIT 5 and how they can be used to deliver effective governance and management of enterprise IT (GEIT).
Learn from the experts
This classroom session is presented by Dr Geoff Harmer, a licensed ISACA COBIT 5 and CGEIT trainer with over 30 years’ experience in service and IT governance management consultancy. Using examples based on real-life COBIT 5 implementation projects, Geoff will provide a practical approach to delivering the benefits of COBIT 5 to an organisation of any size. He will also provide advice and exam preparation to ensure you pass the COBIT 5 Foundation exam at the first attempt.
”This was an excellent course. If I was describing it to someone considering attending, I would call it a COBIT boot course or even a mini MBA at times. Geoff Harmer added so much to the course material […] brought it alive.”
Jonathan Sinfield – Head of IT, Marketform Group.
What will you learn?
- The five key principles of COBIT 5 best practice.
- How the Process Reference Model (PRM) is used to deliver the principles, and the governance and management enablers.
- How to assess the current state of enterprise IT in your organisation.
- The basic concepts for implementing COBIT 5.
- How to determine which COBIT 5 processes are appropriate to implement.
- How to pass the included COBIT 5 Foundation exam, which is accredited by APMG International.
Gain the COBIT 5 Foundation qualification
This course will prepare you for an examination on the last day of the training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the COBIT 5 Foundation qualification, issued by APMG-International. There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
This course also qualifies for 14 CPD/CPE credits.
This COBIT 5 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for attendance on the following training and certificate courses:
Who should attend this course?
- Senior directors (CEO, CIO, CSO) who develop the strategic delivery of IT services
- IT managers responsible for delivering IT services
- IT governance directors and managers
- Consultants who wish to advise their clients on the implementation of IT governance
- Risk and compliance managers
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, it is recommended that delegates have some understanding of IT governance. To enhance the learning experience, we also recommend that delegates download COBIT 5, A Business Framework for Governance and Management of Enterprise IT and read chapters 1-8 (pp. 11-45) before attending the course. A hardcopy version of this book is available to purchase on this site.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Group booking discounts now available
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
You may also be interested in: