Gain the knowledge to develop a career in information security management, and pass the included BCS CISMP examination at the first attempt.
Delivered by an experienced BCS-qualified trainer and approved by BCS, this five-day classroom training course prepares you for the BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) examination, which will be held on the final day of the course.
CISMP is an established and internationally regarded foundation-level qualification, which demonstrates a good knowledge and understanding of the key subject areas associated with information security management, including:
- risk management
- technical and management controls
- legal frameworks
- people and physical security
- security standards (e.g. ISO 27001)
- business continuity
CISMP also provides a base level of knowledge suitable for future CISSP and CISM qualifications.
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management, including confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures.
- Understanding of the current national legislation and regulations that affect information security management.
- Awareness of the current national and international standards (ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate the management of information security.
- Understand the current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
Download the syllabus
Download a copy of the BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles Syllabus here >>
The CISMP examination
- The format for the exam is a two-hour multiple-choice paper, consisting of 100 questions.
- The exam session is closed-book (meaning no materials can be taken into the examination room).
- Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65 out of 100 to pass, and 80 out of 100 to gain a distinction.
Who should attend this course?
- IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management.
- Existing IT managers who want to enhance their information security knowledge to ensure that information security management and controls are adequately implemented in their organisation.
BCS CESG Certified Professional Scheme
For IT professionals working in the UK public sector, a pass in the CISMP examination is required to qualify for all roles at practitioner-level in the CESG Certified Professional Scheme, which provides a means of independent assessment and verification for those working in information assurance (IA), and which has been widely adopted by national and local government organisations.
There are no formal entry requirements. We will, however, assume that all delegates have some knowledge of information technology.
We recommend reading Information Security Management Principles, the approved BCS reference book for this course and examination.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- Registration and administration of the BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles exam
- Certificate of attendance
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
Save time, save money: study with the experts and pass the industry-recognised exam at the first attempt in just five days.
There are no comments for this product.