Kick-start your career in information security management.
CISMP is an established and internationally recognised foundation-level qualification, which demonstrates a good knowledge of information security management. Delegates gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity.
Approved by the British Computer Society (BCS) and delivered by IT Governance’s Head of Consultancy, our five-day training course prepares you for the CISMP exam, which is held on the final day of the course, and enables you put your new knowledge and skills to work instantly.
Conveniently located across central London, our training venues offer an optimum classroom setting that provides an ideal learning environment to enhance your training experience.
With a 100% pass rate (in December 2015), and 64% of delegates passing with distinction, our CISMP training course will also provide you with a base level of knowledge suitable for future progression towards the CISSP and CISM examinations.
“Like many IT professionals, I was attracted by the higher salary potential of a career in cyber security management. Quickly achieving CISMP qualification allowed me to apply for these jobs immediately and has been a significant factor in helping to secure my first information security management position.”
Adam Elliot, Sphere Secure Communication Ltd
What will you learn?
- The concepts relating to information security management, including confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA); and vulnerabilities, threats, risks and countermeasures.
- An understanding of the current national legislation and regulations that affect information security management.
- Awareness of the current national and international standards (such as ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate the management of information security.
- Understand the current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
Download a copy of the BCS CISMP syllabus here >>
The CISMP examination
The format of the exam is a two-hour multiple-choice paper, consisting of 100 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65 out of 100 to pass, and 80 out of 100 to gain a distinction.
Who should attend this course?
- IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management.
- Existing IT managers who want to enhance their information security knowledge to ensure that information security management and controls are adequately implemented in their organisation.
BCS CESG Certified Professional Scheme
For IT professionals working in the UK public sector, a pass in the CISMP examination is required to qualify for all roles at practitioner-level in the CESG Certified Professional Scheme, which provides a means of independent assessment and verification for those working in information assurance (IA), and which has been widely adopted by national and local government organisations.
In addition, as part of working with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, all successful BCS candidates are eligible for a year’s free Associate Membership, enabling them to get more from their professional certification and to support their career development.
While there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all delegates have some knowledge of information technology. We recommend that all delegates purchase and read Information Security Management Principles, the approved BCS reference book for this course and examination.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue if you require. Simply drop us an email after you book. Our superb training support team will find a solution most suitable for your needs.
The course also includes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- Registration and administration of the BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles exam
- Certificate of attendance
How to book
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our
terms and conditions.
You may also be interested in: