Business Continuity Planning: A Step-by-Step Guide
Endorsed by The Business Continuity Institute and Disaster Recovery Institute International.
Intended as a jargon-free, practical introduction to business continuity planning for small and medium-sized organisations, Business Continuity Planning: A Step-by-Step Guide gives you the basic information you need to develop a business continuity plan and reduce your disaster risk. This book rejects the tendency to make business continuity plans more complex than necessary and starts from a simple beginning, enabling you to build to more detail as that becomes necessary. If you are daunted by the prospect of designing and implementing a business continuity plan, this book will prepare you for the unexpected.
Business Continuity Planning: A Step-by-Step Guide features:
- worksheets in Microsoft Word providing step-by-step practice in developing your business continuity plan;
- an accompanying CD containing templates and forms, bibliographies, articles and papers, and links to a variety of related websites;
- chapter overviews and objectives, setting out the information in a clear, easily-comprehensible form;
- useful appendices containing sample risk assessment and risk analysis checklists;
- a comprehensive glossary of business continuity terms.
This book is a clear and concise introduction to the subject by an expert with over 20 years’ experience in the field of business continuity, and is ideally suited to senior undergraduate, MBA, certificate, and corporate training programmes.
Click to expand full contents »
- Why should your business prepare for a disaster?
- Getting started
- It’s time to roll up your sleeves and to assess your current risk
- Putting it all together
- Congratulations! But don’t let it collect dust
Appendix A: Sample risk assessment
Appendix B: Risk analysis checklist
Appendix C: Guidelines for developing your data sheets
Appendix D: Business continuity glossary
Appendix E: Selected business continuity articles
About the author
Kenneth L Fulmer has been involved in Business Continuity Planning for more than 20 years. He has been a member of the Disaster Recovery Institute International since 1991 and a Certified Business Continuity Planner since 1992. Ken’s career has spanned 27 years in the computer-related industry and he has published, trained and spoken on business continuity issues.
Kenneth L Fulmer and Philip Jan Rothstein Publishers:
Rothstein Associates Inc
Published: 04 Oct 2004
Availability: Immediate Despatch