Unique, real-time, online delivery – study from any location and ensure your organisation achieves Cyber Essentials compliance.
The Cyber Essentials scheme has been developed by the UK Government to help businesses deal with the business-critical issue of cyber security. The scheme provides a set of controls that organisations can implement to achieve a basic level of cyber security.
Read more about the Cyber Essentials scheme here >>
Cyber Essentials Foundation Online provides delegates with an overview of how to achieve improved cyber security, guidance on applying the scheme’s five key control requirements, and information on how to meet the audit and assessment requirements for Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
What will you learn?
- Understand the requirements for applying the five key requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme.
- Learn how to apply best-practice information security principles to counter emerging cyber threats.
- Find out how to improve staff awareness and understanding of cyber security.
- Find out your options for obtaining certification to Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for managers who will be responsible for implementing the Cyber Essentials scheme in their organisation, or any IT professionals responsible for protecting the organisation against low-level cyber threats.
- The current cyber security threat landscape.
- How to identify the cyber risks and vulnerabilities that affect an organisation.
- Conducting a cyber security self-assessment against the self-assessment requirements of Cyber Essentials.
- Applying the five key control requirements of Cyber Essentials.
- The fundamentals of best-practice cyber security.
- Important policies and procedures that will help achieve a more advanced level of cyber security than the scheme requires.
- Home and mobile working in a business.
- How to reduce vulnerabilities related to employees and improve their cyber security awareness.
- Considerations for developing an information security management system.
- Implementing continuous monitoring and control.
- Certification options and considerations for obtaining third-party assurance to Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Online access requirements
As a CREST-accredited certification body and member of the CREST Cyber Essentials scheme, IT Governance Ltd is certified to provide Cyber Essentials services and to assess and certify organisations to the Cyber Essentials scheme.
Please note that this course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session at fixed times and on fixed dates throughout the year. Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed, and that you can correctly log onto our WebEx Training Centre prior to the course.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
Discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Or download our booking form
Call us on +44 (0) 845 070 1750.
Complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.