Reduce your organisation’s vulnerability to cyber threats
The Cyber Essentials Scheme has been developed by the UK Government to help businesses deal with the business-critical issue of cyber security. The scheme provides a set of controls that organisations can implement to achieve a basic level of cyber security.
Read more about the Cyber Essentials Scheme here.
The Cyber Essentials Foundation Course provides attendees with an overview of how to achieve improved cyber security, the scheme outline, guidance on applying the five key control requirements of the Cyber Essentials Scheme, and information about how to meet the audit and assessment requirements for Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
How will you and your company benefit from this course?
- Understand the requirements for applying the five fundamental key requirements of the Cyber Essentials Scheme.
- Learn how to apply best-practice information security principles to emerging cyber threats.
- Find out how to improve staff awareness and understanding of cyber security.
- Find out what your options are for obtaining certification towards the Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus Scheme.
Who should attend this course?
Managers who will be responsible for implementing the Cyber Essentials scheme in their organisations or any professionals who are responsible for protecting the organisation against low level cyber threats.
Course contents include:
- The current cyber security threat landscape and what this means for your organisation.
- How to identify the cyber risks and vulnerabilities that affect your organisation.
- Conducting a ‘cyber security’ self-assessment against the self-assessment requirements of Cyber Essentials.
- Applying the five key control requirements of Cyber Essentials.
- The fundamentals of best-practice cyber security.
- Important policies and procedures that will help you achieve a more advanced level of cyber security than what the scheme requires.
- What you should consider for home and mobile working in your business.
- How to reduce vulnerabilities related to employees and improve their cyber security awareness.
- Considerations for developing an information security management system (ISMS), which will introduce you to the next level of effective cyber security management.
- Implementing continuous monitoring and control, to ensure that you are not only cyber secure at the time of certification.
- Certification options and considerations for obtaining third-party assurance to the Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus Scheme.
Are there entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This package provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the Cyber Essentials scheme. The special combination of products and services will enable you to fully understand and meet the requirements of the scheme with the tools and knowledge contained in this package, which includes the full certification service for level 1 of the scheme. Once it has been verified that your organisation meets the requirements of the scheme, you will be awarded a Cyber Essentials certificate by IT Governance. Find out more >>
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Or download our booking form
Call us on +44 (0) 845 070 1750.
Complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
You may also be interested in…
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.