Managing Cyber Security Risk Training - London
Deliver an Effective Cyber Security Risk Management Strategy
Data, applications and communication associated with cyberspace are used as low-cost and effective IT resources by almost all organisations worldwide. With an increased reliance on the Internet comes a growing and persistent risk of being attacked and compromised, either by accident or with malicious criminal intent. Managing and mitigating this risk is now essential to the survival of all such organisations.
Alongside related guidance in CESG’s 10 Steps to Cyber Security and CSI’s 20 Critical Controls for Cyber Security, BSI’s PAS 555:2013 Cyber Security Risk Governance and Management (2013) provides a blueprint for effective cyber security, emphasising that it isn’t just about technical measures, but must include people, behaviour and physical security as well as governance, leadership and culture. However, these guidelines do not explain how to achieve the outcomes of a successful cyber security programme.
This three-day training course introduces the outcomes of PAS 555 and related cyber security guidance documents. It will also equip you with the practical knowledge to develop a cyber security risk management strategy that delivers the required outcomes in your organisation.
This course is built on our extensive practical experience of implementing ISO27001-compliant information security management systems. Delivered by a qualified Senior Risk Consultant (and the technical author of PAS 555), it features the use of real-life case studies to ensure you gain in-depth understanding and practical knowledge of how to develop an effective cyber security risk management strategy. This will include the use of our unique Cyber Security Risk Management Documentation Toolkit.
Our Cyber Security Learning Pathway
This training course is the newest addition to our Cyber Security Learning Pathway, which includes the ISO27001 Lead Implementer, ISO22301 Lead Implementer and ISO20000 Practitioner training courses.
Who should attend this course?
- Senior Directors (CEO, CIO) who need to ensure their organisation is protected.
- IT Directors or Managers responsible for developing and implementing a cyber security risk management strategy.
- ISO27001 Lead Implementers and Lead Auditors.
- Information Security Managers responsible for cyber security.
- Professionals who hold CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC or CISMP certifications, who wish to apply current knowledge to the broader context of cyber security.
- Risk and Compliance Managers who require an understanding of cyber security risk management outcomes and processes.
- Risk and IS Consultants who wish to advise clients on the practical implementation of cyber security risk management.
While there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that delegates are senior managers, directors or consultants. Knowledge of information technology is desirable, but not essential, as the key objective of this training course is to help you to understand and militate against the business risks associated with the use of cyber space.
What will you learn?
- Knowledge of current cyber security standards, best practice and guidance documents.
- Key requirements (outcomes) of an effective cyber security risk management strategy.
- About the role and the importance of people, processes and technology in cyber security.
- How to demonstrate cyber security assurance to stakeholders including your board, staff, partners and customers.
- Why risk management is the core competence of cyber security management.
- How ISO27001 provides a backbone for delivering cyber security risk management outcomes.
- Why ISO22301 is essential to achieving cyber resilience in the event of a cyber security attack.
- How cyber security integrates with IT governance best practice frameworks such as COBIT 5.
Gain the Certified Cyber Risk Management Practitioner (CCRMP) qualification
This course will prepare you for an examination on the last day of the training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the Certified Cyber Risk Management Practitioner (CCRMP) qualification, issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
The exam fee of £200 +VAT is included in the package price and the course is designed to maximise your chance of passing the exam.
What's included in the course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- The CCRMP examination
- Certificate of attendance
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
This course can also be delivered in-house.
How to book
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Or download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
You may also be interested in:
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.