ISO 20000 - demonstrate your best practice approach to ITSM
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management. Gaining ISO 20000 certification clearly demonstrates that you deliver a best practice approach to ITSM to your customers, partners, suppliers and staff.
Many recommendations in the ITIL Framework are reflected in the requirements of ISO 20000 and this 3-day course will build on your existing ITSM knowledge, enabling you to apply ISO 20000 to your organisation and assess its readiness for certification.
Who is this course for?
This Practitioner course is aimed at service management practitioners and ITSM consultants who wish to assist organisations in preparing for ISO 20000 audit and certification. You must hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate to attend this course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will gain a clear understanding of the requirements of ISO 20000 and how it can be applied to IT service management in your organisation.
View the course contents »
- Principles of ITSM
- Background to ISO Certification Scheme
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 continued
- Applicability and Definition of Scope
- Group Assignments & Exercises
- ISO/IEC 20000-2 2012
- The use and application of ISO/IEC 20000
- Feedback, Review, Revision
- ISO/IEC 20000-2 2012 continued
- Implementation of ISO 20000
- Summary, evaluation
- Examination (the day finishes around 17:30)
ISO 20000 Practitioner certificate
To attain the ISO 20000 Practitioner certificate, candidates must score at least 50% in the 3 hour exam held in the final hours of the course. The ISO/IEC 20000 practitioner exam tests all syllabus topics and is an objective testing style exam, which is a complex style of multiple choice. It is an open book exam and Part 1 (only) of the ISO 20000 standard is used as a reference during the exam.
Why gain your ISO 20000 Practitioner certificate with us?
- This course comes with our unique pass the course guarantee. We are so certain that our training will help you pass the Practitioner exam that, if you do not, we will let you attend a future course for free (paying a repeat exam fee only).
- All delegates receive a free copy of Introduction to the ISO/IEC 20000 Series by Jenny Dugmore and Shirley Lacey.
- We make copies of parts 1, 2, 3 & 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 available for use during the course and you can purchase your own copies directly from us when you're ready.
- Comfortable, easy to access training location.
- Competitive pricing.
Highly experienced trainer
Dr Geoff Harmer has over 29 years experience in the IT industry and has been awarded Chartered Engineer (CEng), Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS), Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP) and Certified in The Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) status. He is an accredited lecturer for ITIL with the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), for COBIT with ISACA and for ISO 20000 with APMG (formerly itSMF). He is also an Associate Lecturer in Technology with the Open University (since 2000).
Are there entry requirements?
Candidates must hold the ISO 20000 Foundation Certificate or the ITIL® Foundation certificate. A copy of your certificate will need to be provided to the exam body c/o IT Governance before exam results can be released.
This ISO 20000 Practitioner training course includes:
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
- All course materials
- The exam and examination fee
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course. This course is can also be delivered in-house.
How to book?
Book your training with us and learn everything you need to become a certified ISO 20000 practitioner:
View available training dates and book online using the form at the top of this page.
To discuss your learning needs with our training experts.
Call us on +44 (0)845 070 1750.
Or download our booking form, complete it and fax to us on +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
"Excellent, I'm a convert!"
Roger Bennett, Thomson Reuters.