Ensure your organisation achieves and maintains ISO 27001 best practice and compliance
ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard provides guidance and support for the risk management approach specified by ISO 27001. Effective risk management is the key to achieving ISO 27001 certification, and maintaining and improving an information security management system (ISMS).
The three-day ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management classroom course is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to fully implement an effective ISO27001-compliant risk management programme.
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
This course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM) qualification by IBITGQ.
“Introduced to the basics of risk management on the previous ISO27001 Lead Implementer course, I needed to further build skills in the ‘nitty-gritty’ of ISMS risk analysis and treatment processes. The CIS RM qualification has also opened a few doors in my company and I am now working toward achieving my ISACA CRISC certification in the future.”
Gavin Tyler, Information Security Director, Winberg Holdings
What will you learn?
- The role and importance of risk management in an organisation.
- Why risk management is the core competence of information security management.
- Full details of the ISO 27005 information risk management standard and an understanding of key risk management terminology.
- How ISO 27005 is related to the
ISO 31000:2009 risk management standard.
- How to use risk management to achieve certification and maintain compliance with the ISO 27001 information security management standard.
- ‘Hands-on’ practical experience in carrying out an effective risk management programme as defined by ISO/IEC 27005:2011.
- The key information security risk management processes, including context establishment, risk assessment, risk treatment and monitoring/review.
- The competence to advise third-party organisations on information security risk management.
See course contents >>
- Introduction to risk management
- Risk assessment methodologies
- The ISO 27005 information security risk management framework and process model
- Classification and identification of information assets
- Definition of threats to information assets
- Identification of the vulnerabilities these threats might exploit
- Risk analysis: risk scoring using scales and simple calculations
- An introduction to risk analysis tools
- Risk evaluation and acceptance strategies
- Risk treatment and the selection of mitigating control measures
- Review and continual improvement of risk assessment and management
- Risk communications and consultation
- Integrating the ISO 27005 information security risk management framework into an ISO 27001 ISMS
ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Manager (CIS RM) examination
Delegates sit the ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
This course is part of our unique
ISO 27001 Learning Pathway, which also includes the ISO27001 Certified
Lead Auditor and
Internal Auditor courses. It also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits and fits well with the CISSP and SSCP Continued Professional Education Programme.
Who should attend this course?
- Information security managers responsible for ISO 27001 implementation and maintenance.
- Delegates who have attended the
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer course and want to further develop their practical risk management skills.
- Risk managers who need to understand information security risk management processes.
- ISO 27001 consultants who want to advise clients on implementing information security risk management.
While there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all delegates have knowledge of the best practice as defined in
ISO 27002 and
ISO 27005 standards. This could be acquired by purchasing and reading these standards, or by attending our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation and/or Lead Implementer training courses.
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue if you require – simply drop us an email after you book. Our superb training support team will find the solution most suitable for your needs.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- ISO27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM)
- Certificate of attendance.
- Guaranteed to run: we never cancel a course.
How to book?
Simply book online to receive your booking confirmation and full joining instructions within 48 hours. We accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments and other public-sector organisations, and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our
payment options page for details.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
You may be interested in: