Order the TickITplus Base Process Library today for immediate despatch - buy now!
The TickITplus scheme uses a process model called the Base Process Library (BPL). The BPL comprises a series of process definitions, forty in all, and has been developed using ISO/IEC 12207 (Software Lifecycle Processes), ISO/IEC 15288 (Life Cycle Management – System Life Cycle Processes) and ISO/IEC 15504 (Software Process Improvement Capability Determination).
Learn more about the TickITplus scheme here
Topics covered include:
The Base Process Library is the way in which each process is classified. Processes are mapped to one of four classes according to their alignment with the source standards.
The four classifications are as follows:
- Type A includes all of the processes required to meet the basic requirements of ISO 9001. So, for example, this would include management framework, HR resourcing, improvement etc – not necessarily IT related, but core to an effective management system;
- Type B includes all the processes which are required to address the scope
- Type C are the supporting processes,
- Type M accommodates the two processes that describe the measurement and quantitative techniques that need to be applied at the higher grades (Gold and Platinum) of TickITplus assessment.
An organisation assessed within the TickITplus scheme would have to demonstrate compliance to all Type ‘A’ processes as these are mandatory and any additional Type ‘B’ processes that are applicable to the scope of the organisation's approval.
This version of the Base Process Library provides coverage of ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 27001 (both the 2005 and 2013 editions) for all 40 TickITplus processes and eight TickITplus scope profiles.
The eight scope profiles are:
- Information Management and Security
- Service Management
- Systems and Software Development and Support
- Project & Programme Management
- Corporate Strategy Planning and Management
- Legal & Compliance
- Product Validation, Quality and Measurement
- IT Systems Engineering & Infrastructure
TickiTplus Base Process Library...
- Provides a process model for the TickITplus scheme - enabling you to judge your compliance with the TickITplus scheme.
- Includes coverage of ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 27001 (both the 2005 and 2013 editions) for all 40 TickITplus processes and eight TickITplus scope profiles.
A change note covering the differences between versions 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 can be found here.
Purchase of the PDF version of this standard is governed by BSI's copyright terms and conditions.
We also the BPL in Microsoft Word format on CD-ROM.
Published: 18 Dec 2013
Availability: Always Available
Published: 18 Dec 2013
Availability: In Stock