Security Strategies in Linux Platforms and Applications covers every major aspect of security on Linux systems. The book is divided into three parts to illustrate key concepts in the field:
- Part 1 discusses the risks, threats, and vulnerabilities associated with Linux as an operating system using examples from Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu.
- Part 2 discusses how to take advantage of the layers of security available to Linux user and group options, filesystems, and security options for important services, as well as the security modules associated with AppArmor and SELinux.
- Part 3 examines the use of both open source and proprietary tools when building a layered security strategy for Linux operating system environments.
Using real-world examples and exercises, Security Strategies in Linux Platforms and Applications incorporates hands-on activities to walk readers through the fundamentals of security strategies related to the Linux system. It is accompanied by a comprehensive supplements package, including:
- an Instructor Resource Guide organised by learning objectives, with lesson plans, sample questions, and PowerPoint presentation slides;
- lab simulations and lab manuals, and online courseware compatible with your Learning Management System.
Click to expand full contents »
Part One: Is Linux Really Secure?
Chapter 1: Security Threats to Linux
Chapter 2: Basic Components of Linux Security
Part Two: Layered Security and Linux
Chapter 3: Basic Security: Facilities Through the Boot Process
Chapter 4: User Privileges and Permissions
Chapter 5: Filesystems, Volumes, and Encryption
Chapter 6: Every Service Is a Potential Risk
Chapter 7: Networks, Firewalls, and More
Chapter 8: Networked Filesystems and Remote Access
Chapter 9: Networked Application Security
Chapter 10: Kernel Security Risk Mitigation
Part Three: Building a Layered Linux Security Strategy
Chapter 11: Managing Security Alerts and Updates
Chapter 12: Building and Maintaining a Security Baseline
Chapter 13: Testing and Reporting
Chapter 14: Detecting and Responding to Security Breaches
Chapter 15: Best Practices and Emerging Technologies
Appendix A: Answer Key
Appendix B: Standard Acronyms
Glossary of Key Terms
There are no comments for this product.