PCI Foundation Training in London
If your organisation stores, transmits or processes card holder data, then you need a strategy that ensures you are fully compliant with the PCI DSS.
PCI compliance will significantly reduce your risk of security breaches, which will in turn build customer confidence, safeguard your reputation and help you to avoid costly fines.
This one-day PCI training course provides a clear understanding of the PCI DSS and how it applies to your organisation. It also delivers practical advice that will help you to plan a cost-effective, time-efficient compliance project.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the PCI DSS and its objectives
- Get to grips with PCI DSS v3.0 in adopting a “business as usual approach” to security
- Interpret how the PCI DSS applies to your organisation
- Plan a manageable compliance strategy, with achievable goals
- Recognise how scoping the card data environment can reduce the cost of compliance
- Understand the 12 key requirements of the PCI DSS
- Avoid common pitfalls as you plan your compliance project
- Disseminate clear, consistent information to members of your project team
- Prioritise key areas for immediate action and identify their financial impact
View the PCI Foundation course contents »
This course covers the following topics:
- What is the PCI DSS and how does it apply to different organisations
- A brief introduction to the newly relased PCI DSS v3.0 standard and its implications
- What is Card Holder Data (including guidance on different payment brands)
- Understanding the 12 requirements of the PCI DSS
- Understanding the four different merchant levels
- Understanding the two service provider levels
- Key stages of a PCI compliance project
- Guidance on common security vulnerabilities and controls
- Related PCI standards (PA DSS, PED)
- Information and data security standard
Who should attend?
This introductory course will benefit anyone involved in a PCI DSS compliance project. This may include IT, Finance, Sales and HR staff, as well as Senior Management.
If you already have an understanding of the PCI DSS requirements and the technical controls related to information security, you may prefer the two-day PCI Implementation and Maintenance Training Course. This advanced course provides step-by-step training on implementing a compliance project and includes preparation for on-going maintenance.
Why choose us for PCI training?
IT Governance Ltd is a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) company, approved by the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SCC), which means we regularly audit PCI Compliance in a wide range of organisations.
By choosing us for PCI training you will benefit from our wealth of practical experience gained as a QSA.
Are there entry requirements?
This introductory course has no formal entry requirements. You may benefit from advance reading of the following introductory guide: PCI DSS - A Pocket Guide
This PCI Foundation training course includes:
- Lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- This course qualifies for 7 CPE credits, or 7 hours for all CPE programmes
- Certificate of attendance
This course is non-residential, but we can help you to find a hotel close to the training venue. To take advantage of this offer, drop us an email after you book your course.
This course is also available to be delivered in-house, call or email us for further detail?
Book your place now
To ensure your route to PCI compliance is cost effective and time-efficient, book your PCI Foundation training with us.
- Book online using the form at the top of this page.
- Call us to discuss your learning needs with our training experts on: +44 (0)845 070 1750.
- Fax a completed booking form to +44 (0) 1353 662667.
We can also accept purchase orders from local authorities, government departments, and other public sector organisations and will consider account facilities for large corporate customers. See our payment options page for more information.
You may also be interested in
>> PCI DSS Learning Pathway
>> Support for overseas delegates
>> Our free PCI DSS FAQs green paper
Don’t miss out on …
"A complex topic covered in a clear and concise way - suitable for all levels"
- David Keech, Convergys Corporation