What better way to demonstrate how great your IT services are, than through an independent audit against an internationally recognised standard? This is just one of the reasons why more and more organisations are choosing to pursue ISO 20000 certification.
The increasing uptake of this standard isn’t particularly surprising when you consider the related business benefits which include:
- Streamlining service provision – Implementing an IT service management system (SMS) will improve the design, transition and delivery of services, making provision leaner and more efficient.
- Winning new business – Government, health and military organisations are increasingly likely to give priority to ISO 20000 certified service providers – making certification a ‘must have’ requirement for winning business in these sectors.
- Reaping the rewards of ITIL® – For organisations that have already adopted ITIL, an externally audited ISO 20000 certification is the perfect way to demonstrate that their IT service provision is second-to-none.
- Standing out from the crowd – IT service providers can stand out in a competitive market by using the cost-savings and efficiency associated with a SMS to offer more competitive pricing to customers.
- Reducing costs through outsourcing – Once an ISO 20000 compliant SMS is in place in an organisation, it is much easier to identify elements of the service that can be outsourced to reduce costs.
For ITSM professionals the rising popularity of ISO 20000 presents exciting career development opportunities and an increasing number of professionals are gaining APMG’s ISO 20000 Practitioner Certificate to demonstrate their competence in implementing ISO 20000.
Everything you need to implement ISO 20000